1. I am not after five years in architecture school, 1-2 years in Grad School,3-5 years struggling for my license, and all the ensuing shenanigans going to pack up and stay at home and be cleaning a house and chasing bomboy. I am lazy/ crazy but not that lazy/ crazy.
2. For my sanity and that of my children, I believe it is imperative for both of us to take some time away from each other. Hence, beautiful inventions like my practice and their schools and if they are just too much, then boarding house.
3. What is the point? If a man is going to leave me, he is going to leave me. Giving up my life is no guarantee he will stay and pursuing my dreams is no indication either. But in the event, it happens, I need to have something to take my mind off the idea of going after him with the maiguard's shakabula. I will just go to work.
4. I need to wear a skirt suit from time to time. Who will admire my fine yansh at home. Bomboy and Lil'Cat will be too busy drooling or watching...sponge bob?
5. My mouth is too big. I don't know (m)any men that really value the role of a stay-at-home mother. So, they come home, they feel you have been doing nothing all day. "Catwalq, where is my food?" And I will say, "I don't know. Where did you put it?"
6. The role does not run in my family. I come from a long line of opinionated, working women.
7. That is a one way ticket to being absorbed with insignificant issues; like the thread count on your sheets.
8. I need to have my own account that has money coming in from a place he does not know. I am sorry, maybe it's watching too many Nigerian films or just simply being Nigerian but the only Joint account I am keeping is for school fees, rent, household expenses and bills. That way, one day if he shows up with one secondary school girl and says he wants to marry her, I can say "No, problem. Sign the divorce papers. Pay the alimony and child support( and you best believe I will be collecting) and move out (what, you thought I would pack out? Is his father a baga?)
9. If I was simply going to sit at home and make babies, i wouldn't have bothered with school. My ovaries are cool, they are popping. I could have been reproducing from age 11.
10. I never played with my dolls. I chewed them. They were tasty
11. I don't care what anybody has to say about it