Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My first kiss


I had my first kiss today.


It was cold and tasted of Fan Yogo.

It happened under the bele-ball tree behind our house.
He said, "everyone says you are my girl friend so I am going to kiss you, okay"
So I said yes.
Mummy said that your first kiss makes you tingly.
All I could feel were the ants climbing over my slippers and trying to run up my leg.
I tried to shake them off and kicked him.
He yelped and pushed me.
I fell hard on my bum.
It hurt.
So I cried.
He came and "begged" me.
Rubbing my head this way and that.
When I did not stop, he put his arm around me and sat on the leaves beside me.
The ants climbed all over him but he did not care.
Then, he bent his head and kissed me.
I stopped crying.
Then he gave me the rest of his Fan Yogo.
It had almost all melted.
Then he pulled me up and we played catcher-catcher all afternoon.
It was the best day ever.

22 comments:

~B~ said...

awwwwww... this is cute!!

JoaR said...

Seems like a nice young man to me....he was going to brave the ants to get that kiss lol. I like!!!

Isabella said...

This was a beautiful write up! Short and sweet.

Vera Ezimora said...

That's probably your husband. LOL.

My first kiss... pphhhsssttt. I'll never tell that story. Embarrassing!

Nefertiti said...

I hope he grew up to be that sweet. :)

Love the write up.

Myne said...

Lovely cute short one. The little boy sure brought a smile to my face.

SHE said...

Nice!
Makes pleasant memories for the kisser and the kisee...

Enkay said...

Instead of feeling tingly she had ants climb up her leg. lol!

Nice short story.

LucidLilith said...

so cute....so vivid...

Brilliantly Me said...

Very cute indeed! Excellent imagery.

Flourishing Florida said...

kai, dat boy correct eh! even after u kick am! better man!


i have no recollection of my own first kiss. i guess it wasn't a sweet experience

Rita said...

I am so amused...how nice.

The Activist said...

I am trying so had here to remember my first kiss-lol

Emilia said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm this is romantic

Anonymous said...

lol

Thirty + said...

Aww ssuuueeet!

Been a wee while Mz Catwalq, Compliments. How've you been?!

Chris Ogunlowo said...

well, congrats.

mine is on its way ;)

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Jennifer A. said...

LOL.

ibiluv said...

love this......

Uche (@UcheAnne) said...

Lovely piece. I love the Fan Yogo touch. Thanks for checking my blog. There's the Commonwealth short story competition closing March 31, in case you didn't know. You should enter.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.